Melbourne The Fashion Capital
Melbourne’s most prestigious address, spend a day discovering Collins Street. Shop and eat your way from the New York end to the Paris end and right back. Collins Street is the home of luxury brands, spend the afternoon picking out the perfect statement bag or must-have heels or just window shop and create your wish list. Collins Street houses flagship stores for Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Hermes, Rolex, Christian Louboutin, Cartier and Tiffany & Co.
Melbourne is renowned for its shopping and there are many Melbourne shopping spots to choose from. You can’t beat Melbourne’s major department stores and shopping centres for the biggest and best choice of designer fashion, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, men’s, women’s and children’s wear and technology.
If you are here for one day or lucky to have more, our suguestions below:
• Melbourne Central
• Emporium Melbourne
• Bourke Street Mall
• Block Arcade
• Royal Arcade
• DFO South Wharf
• Chadstone Shopping Centre
Wind your way through the laneways and arcades to find niche boutiques. We asked our Chef Concierge James Ridenour about his top shopping picks in Melbourne:
- For men try Lord Coconut, this store offers up Melbourne-made gentlemen’s accessories with an arty edge.
- For the ladies try e.g etal which features handmade jewellery created by artists from Australia and New Zealand.
- Clementine’s on Degraves Street features all things Victorian with gifts and homemade foods from some of the area’s finest producers.
- For a bit of upmarket flash for the ladies, try the accessories at Christine notable for its hard to find high fashion offerings as well as its red plaid entrance.
- Ladies will also love Green with Envy featuring a number of designers all in one shop. The buyer here has an excellent eye for beautiful fashion.
- Finally, Zomp shoes is another favourite with one of the best selection of ladies shoes in town. For the gentlemen try Incu for fashion and accessories.