Meetings & Conferences
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is ideal for your next meeting, event or conference. Centrally located on Collins Street, this advantageous location ensures a smooth experience for all your guests. With 11 private meeting rooms on a dedicated conference floor, excellent restaurants on-site and comfortable accommodation, everything you need for a successful event is right here. Your delegates will have easy access to convenient undercover car parking, Melbourne’s free tram zone and Southern Cross Station.
Day Delegate Package
• Fresh fruit bowl on arrival
• Freshly brewed coffee and selection of teas each break
• Chef’s selection sweet or savoury morning and afternoon tea items
• Your selection of the networking lunch with option of sit down lunch in Alluvial Restaurant (subject to numbers)
• Stationery and refreshments (includes note pads, pens, water, mints)
• Daily newspapers
Audio Visual Package
• Client or presenter provided laptop with VGA or HDMI output
• Laptop stand (plinth)
• High definition ceiling mounted data projector
• Motorised screen in widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio
• Lectern with attached microphone
• Laptop or iPod audio connection
• PA (speaker) system
• 8’ x 6’ (~2.4m x ~1.8m) stage
• Setup of all equipment
• Assistance with a technician
• Pack down
Thomas Fallon, William Pitt and Richard Speight are a series of smaller boardrooms located on the dedicated conference floor.
Accommodating for groups of eight, the historically-named Thomas Fallon and Richard Speight boardrooms offer a comfortable, secluded environment for business meetings with light refreshments and no distractions.
The William Pitt boardroom has a capacity for 12 boardroom style or up to 20 on banquet rounds.
These three rooms also feature a private pre-function area which provides a quiet haven away from the hotel’s main atrium.
Patrick McCaughan Boardroom
Seating up to 12, the executive boardroom is best for impressive small meetings without disruption. The high backed leather chairs, polished wooden table and private reception provide a luxurious ambience with both comfort and convenience.
The Laneway Rooms, 1,2,3
Running along the entire length of the Rialto wing, the Laneway Rooms are impressively appointed. The stripped back brick walls with views to outside graffiti by The Blender Studios’ street artists, make the events space feel uniquely Melbourne.
We can seat up to 370 guests theatre style, or if your group is smaller or requires secluded individual spaces, we offer a variety of flexible layouts.
Trade & Stock and Wool & Wheat Rooms
With period-style windows overlooking the atrium and heritage ironwork, the Stock & Trade and Wool & Wheat meeting rooms pay homage to Melbourne’s past. Running along the length of the Winfield Wing, the rooms can be used as either two rooms, or four. Drop down blinds provide privacy and convenience, while the catering stations allow for refreshments throughout the day.
Pre function area
The generous pre-function area, with its impressive marble credenza, is designed to accommodate catering, reception and breakout needs, connecting the Laneway Rooms to the Stock and Trade rooms and the Wool and Wheat rooms.
Welcome and Closing Functions
It’s all about a warm welcome and a strong closing. Alongside our meeting rooms, try our unique spaces for your cocktail receptions to showcase a truly Melbourne experience for your delegates.
- Bluestone Wine Lounge – maximum of 70 people
- Market Lane Bar – maximum of 100 people
- Alluvial Restaurant – maximum 150 people
- The Secret Laneway – maximum 180 people
IHG Business Rewards Earn Points
Earn IHG® Business Rewards points with each hotel room you reserve, meeting you plan or event you organise with participating IHG hotels worldwide. Redeem rewards for nights in 5,000 hotels worldwide with no blackout dates, or for travel on over 400 airlines, and more.